- This event has passed.
State Delegates Council Meeting – December
10/12/2022 - 11/12/2022
Notification of the next State Delegates Council Meeting
The next State Delegates Council will be held on the 10th and 11th December 2022.
The Agenda has been posted. Reports are due by the 25th November.
The meeting will be held face to face in Sydney.***
All attendees need to register before 5pm Thursday 8th December. This is vital to ensure the catering can be finalised.
Delegates also need to ensure they have filled in their delegate nomination form.
Both links are available on the December SDC page.
Information on the election process for vacant positions will be posted closer to the date.
Free childcare is available for children aged 5 – 12 years old on the Saturday of the December SDC. This offer is open to any Greens NSW member attending the SDC, delegate or observer. This offer is only available if we have at least five and no more than ten children. While the offer is open to all Greens NSW members, we will have to give preference to the children of delegates.
Tarn (Tanya) of Assemblage Sisters will run a workshop for the children from 10am – 4pm on Saturday 10 December. Topic for the workshop is ‘Crazy critters’ and the day would involve various forms of art and craft. The location is here, at Hut 41D within the Addison Road Community Centre complex. Hut 41D is approximately 50m from the hall, where the SDC will be held.
If you wish to take up this offer:
* Please let Lee Rhiannon know by 30 November. [firstname.lastname@example.org or 0400 350 067] Lee will confirm your request has been received. [The deadline is 30 November as we need to let Tarn know by 1 December if the workshop will be needed.]
* Provide your child with food for the day and a water bottle. No nuts please.
* We will request that you collect your child for half an hour at 12.30 pm so Tarn herself can have a short break.
* Once we know if the workshop can be held, those parents and guardians taking up the offer will need to register directly with Tarn.
* Tarn has a Working With Children Certificate and a first aid certificate.
* The cost of $90 per child will be covered by the Greens NSW budget for holding SDCs.
Thanks to Roxana, Convenor of the Petersham-Newtown Greens, for organising this childcare offer.
Travel Subsidies to SDC
Travel subsidies are available to assist local groups to send delegates to SDC.
Due to increased costs of flights and accommodation being expensive in Sydney, the Committee of Management have increased the amount available for the December SDC from $400 per local group to $600 per local group.
More information and how to access this can be found here.
The October 2022 SDC was fortunate enough to have a presentation from Blak Greens members Dr Tjanara Goreng Goreng, Lynda June Coe and James Williams.
They spoke on Truth, Treaty and Voice.
The links below were provided by them to assist members in the Message Stick journey.
This page on Greenhouse has an explanation of Dadirri – deep listening https://members.greens.org.au/Message_Stick_GNSW
Video embedded in the First Nations policy here: https://greens.org.au/policies/first-nations-peoples